One of many issues I am continuously amazed at after I go to an internet public sale web site like eBay or a 3rd occasion retailer like Amazon, is the greed and stupidity of sellers. I’m each a purchaser and a vendor and listed below are some basic promoting suggestions and secrets and techniques primarily based on 15 years of expertise, for anybody who desires to really promote their merchandise:
1. At all times try the promoting historical past of what you are promoting below “Accomplished Auctions” and what the going price is to purchase the merchandise on-line from different sources of the identical product in the identical situation. You would be amazed as to what number of sellers listing merchandise at a better greenback whole together with delivery than a spot like Amazon the place you may make a straight buy or the going worth from beforehand full auctions. Why would anybody need to purchase an merchandise from you for $18 once they should purchase it outright on Amazon for say $15? Equally, if the going price on an public sale is $25, why would you listing the opening worth at $35?
2. At all times present an image of your product. Anybody not displaying an image of their product is sending out a subliminal message to the potential purchaser that selling on Amazon steps by steps:
1) They do not even have the product
2) they do not need to present the product as a result of it isn’t as described
3) They do not have a scanner which is fairly pathetic and
4) They do not care.
3. If you’re promoting a used merchandise and you do not listing the opening or set sale worth at the least 25% much less (when delivery is factored in) than what it could price to purchase new, how many individuals are going to go to all that hassle of bidding,paying and ready for a used merchandise that they’ll purchase new, from a stranger simply to save lots of 25%? If you’re promoting a product that’s model new, the gross sales worth must be listed considerably much less then what individuals would pay for it at a Nationwide Chain retailer. If not, most individuals would somewhat purchase one thing in individual on the going price then save just some dollars for the trouble of buying on-line from a stranger.
4. Except the merchandise you are promoting is in completely unhealthy form, by no means use the phrase “Offered as Is” in your promoting description as what you are subconsciously saying is “Let the Purchaser Beware”.
5. When promoting “Purchase It Now” objects on locations like eBay or Amazon the place a number of sellers are promoting the identical product in the identical situation, perceive that until a vendor has horrible suggestions, individuals will at all times buy on the lowest supplied worth. You need to continuously examine on the costs of competing sellers and make pricing changes instantly. Do you actually suppose when 5 sellers are promoting the identical merchandise for $5-$7, it is possible for you to to promote yours for $eight?
6. Attempt to give quick service to patrons and talk instantly if there’s a downside and supply them some form of rebate or a refund if there might be an extended delay. One of many first issues a potential purchaser checks out is a sellers suggestions and most of the people will keep away from sellers with questionable suggestions selling on Amazon steps by steps.
7. Psychologically, its simpler to promote an merchandise with a decrease promoting worth and better delivery fee then the identical greater listed merchandise with decrease delivery, if the entire worth is similar. Do not cost a lot additional on delivery although that the public sale web site will take discover and cancel your public sale saying you are attempting to keep away from paying promoting charges.
8. If by some mistake, you might have understated the delivery charges, eat the additional price, don’t attempt to inform the client they owe more cash on the delivery. I’ve underestimated the delivery prices a number of occasions when sending to a international nation and I ate the price and made a psychological notice for future listings what I ought to regulate the price to on my listings.
9. For abroad clients, you’ll personally need to take your merchandise over to the Publish Workplace for many objects and fill out customized types, and many others. I’d add a surcharge for all international gross sales in your time however do not listing it as a surcharge however simply make it a part of the delivery costs. IE, if it prices you $12 together with provides to ship one thing to a international nation airmail, listing delivery as $16 or greater.
10. If you’re promoting an merchandise for over $50, I’d cost the shopper the precise insurance coverage prices. For those who do not and the merchandise is misplaced or stolen you might be answerable for it.